This grilling season, try making your own burger blend instead of buying ground meat. Here, our combination of chuck, brisket and short ribs provides the perfect leanness-to-fat ratio for a juicy burger with the ideal meaty flavor and texture.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves Six 6-ounce burgers
• 1½ pounds beef chuck, cut into 1-inch pieces and chilled
• ½ pound beef brisket, cut into 1-inch pieces and chilled
• 6 ounces boneless beef short ribs, cut into 1-inch pieces and chilled
• Vegetable oil, for greasing
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• Buns and toppings, for serving
- Using a meat grinder set up according to the manufacturer's directions and with a medium die, grind the meats into a medium bowl. Using your hands, mix the meat until incorporated, then form into six 6-ounce patties. Season both sides liberally with salt and pepper.
- Light a grill. Using tongs and paper towels, lightly grease the grill. Cook the burgers, flipping once, until charred and medium rare, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter, assemble as desired with buns and toppings, and serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to Tasting Table Recipes at https://www.tastingtable.com/cook/recipes/burger-blend-beef-chuck-brisket-short-ribs-recipe