A quick, keto-friendly, Whole30, and paleo recipe for whole chicken that was prepared in an hour using an air fryer.
• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 1 hour
• Yield: Serves 6
• 4 lb whole chicken thawed
• 1 tbsp sea salt
• 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
• 1/2 tbsp onion powder
• 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp Herbes de Provence or Italian Seasoning
- Mix all of the seasonings in a small bowl.
- Rub the seasonings on the outside and inside of the meat. Allow the meat to become infused with flavor by marinating it overnight.
- Take the chicken out of the refrigerator ~20 minutes before you want to cook it. Meat tends to cook more evenly when it's not straight from the refrigerator.
- Add parchment paper or foil to the air fryer pan.
- Cook the meat on 400 degrees (or the chicken setting on your air fryer) for 30 minutes.
- Flip the chicken and cook it for an additional 25-30 minutes. I prefer my chicken skin to be dark and crispy so I tend to leave mine in for 30 minutes.
- Allow the chicken to rest (I pull the cooking pan out of the air fryer and sit it on a trivet on the counter or on top of the stove) for ~10 minutes before cutting into it.
This great family recipe is thanks to Yummly Recipes at https://www.yummly.com/recipe/Air-Fryer-Whole-Chicken-2661421#directions