LOVE Barramundi? This Barramundi recipe features seared fish with mustard sauce. This flavourful dish is ready in under 20 minutes and is perfect for date night.
• Prep and cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 2 tbsps butter
• 1/8 tsp pepper
• 1/4 tsp sea salt
• 2 fillets barramundi, brought to room temperature
For Mustard Sauce:
• 1 tbsp capers
• 1/4 cup whole milk plain yogurt
• 1 tbsp whole grain mustard (prepared)
For Garnish (Optional):
• fresh chopped flat-leaf parsley or green onions
- Heat butter in a heavy bottom pan over medium-high heat until it begins to brown. Meanwhile, pat barramundi dry. Dry it again. (Wet fish won’t sear well). Sprinkle both sides of the fish with salt and pepper.
- Set fillets on hot pan, and don’t touch them. Allow fillets to cook 3-4 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fish. As the fish cooks, the translucent flesh will become opaque from the bottom up. The fish is ready to flip when it has cooked about ⅔ of the way through. (If the fish sticks to the pan, give it about 30 seconds more– it will release when it’s ready.)
- Next, use a thin metal spatula to flip the fish over. Cook them approximately one minute, and then remove them from the pan.
- Mix all the yogurt, mustard, and capers together. Taste, and add a little caper brine if desired.
- Serve fish immediately with sauce and optional garnish.
This great family recipe is thanks to Champagne Tastes at https://champagne-tastes.com/seared-barramundi-mustard-sauce/