Easy and healthy, crispy-crunchy fish sticks that will satisfy both little and big kids (adults) alike. And if you’ve got a few extra minutes to spare, this is a great recipe to get little hands involved in all the fun steps. There’s plenty of fun dipping and coating action. Recipe, food styling & photography by Tabitha Blue of Fresh Mommy Blog.
• Prep time: 12 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 3 4 oz Australis Barramundi fillets
• 2 tbsps vegetable oil
• 1 cup panko bread crumbs
• 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
• 1/2 tsp sea salt
• 1/2 tsp pepper
• 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
• 1/4 tsp paprika
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 1/4 cup flour
• Lemon wedges and marinara sauce, for serving
- Toast panko crumbs by spreading on to a baking sheet and place under the oven broiler for 1-2 minutes, but no longer to avoid burning.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spread oil on a large baking sheet and cut thawed fillets down the middle, then cut each of those in half, creating four “sticks.” Season with salt and
- In a shallow dish, I used a pie plate, combine toasted panko crumbs, parmesan, salt, pepper, cayenne and paprika. In a separate dish, add flour. In a third dish, beat eggs. Coat fish strips by dipping in flour, then dip in beaten eggs, then coat with panko crumbs. Arrange fish sticks on the prepared pan.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, turning halfway through, until cooked through. Serve hot and enjoy!
This great family recipe is thanks to The Better Fish Recipes at https://www.thebetterfish.com/recipe/panko-parmesan-barramundi-fish-sticks/